Wednesday, July 15, 2009

30 Weeks and Right on Schedule

As you can clearly see from the picture, I am continuing to grow! Last Friday was my 30 week appointment with Dr. Duran. I always weigh myself first thing, and I have lost 2 lbs. When Dr. Duran came in, we first discussed my diabetes and blood sugar numbers. She said that my numbers looked great and the reason for my weight loss is the diet I am on. She also said that I was borderline diabetic so she has no concerns for me or Logan. If my numbers were high, then there would be need to worry and start medication. But, I am controlling it all with my diet-I am very proud of myself. Dr. Duran also said that I don't have to go back for another 2 weeks, so my next appointment is next Thursday morning. My belly measured eaxactly 30 and she said I am right on schedule. I will have one more sonogram at 36-37 weeks, to get an idea of how big Logan is. He will not be coming any sooner than 39 weeks, unless he does so on his own. Once I reach 39 weeks, Dr. Duran will see how I am doing. She knows that I really do not want to be induced (I plan to go as natural as I can), but she did say that she probably will not let me go past 40 weeks. Logan continues to move around a lot and sometimes it feels so weird, especially when part of my stomach gets rock hard. Auntie Lauren came over last Friday and I was trying to get him to move for her, but then she freaked out and didn't want to feel him. My mom will be here Friday, so I hope he moves around a lot for her! I also have 2 baby showers this weekend, so I am definately looking forward to getting some more gifts for our precious boy. Be looking for lots of pictures this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Logan is GROWING! You look so good! I'm proud of you and I for controlling this diabetes thing. I'm going to start calling you B-R-A-V-E B-E-C-K-Y! That's awesome that you are going all natural. I'm getting the epi ASAP! I'll post my belly tomorrow after our 33 week sono...YAY, we are both getting closer:) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete