OK, so the time is already going by way too fast! Our boy is 1 week old today! Let me go ahead and back track to last Wednesday:
We got to the hospital at 8:15am to be induced. The nurse got me in my room and hooked me up to all the monitors and started my bag of fluids in an IV. Since I still wanted to go natural, they only gave me half the bag so I could get up and walk around. I was having some contractions when they put me on the monitor-and it turns out I had been feeling them at home too, but didn't know that they were contractions. A little after 9am, my doctor came down and broke my water. I was also dilated 2-3cm and 80% effaced. She said she'd come back between 12 and 1 to see what kind of progress I was making. After she left, the contractions started getting stronger. The nurse came back and unhooked me from everything and I got up to walk around. We made it around the unit 2 times and then I wanted to get back in the room. I got back in the bed and the contractions were even stronger. At first, Jason thought it was a little funny because he couldn't believe I was already in that much pain so fast. He was thinking that this was going to take all day and he kept telling me if I wanted an epidural he wouldn't think bad of me. He ended up taking it upon himself to get the nurse that does the epidurals, just so she could come talk to me about it. We had to wait 30 minutes for her to get into the room. Meanwhile, my nurse was asking if I wanted stadol to take some of the edge off but I told her I wanted the epidural. So, when the nurse came in to talk to me they told her I had decided to get one. She said they had to finish my bag of fluids and then she'd be back. Well, they finished my fluids and as she came in with her cart I had a really strong contraction. I yelled out, "I need to push him out!" The nurse checked me and said I was 100% and 10cm! I had made it! I ended up not getting the epidural since I had already come that far. They called my doctor down (after I kept saying, "Call Dr. Duran. I need her down here.") and I started pushing at 11:30am and Logan Brent was born at 12:03PM. I am very glad that I got to experience my natural childbirth. Although there were parts of it that were very hard, it was all worth it in the end. We were able to hold him right away and spend some family time with him before the rest of our family had made it to the hospital. I do have to say though, my quick labor and delivery was an answer to prayer. It was prayed over me several times during my pregnancy and then it actually happened! God is good!
Here we are, one week later! Everyone is doing great! We took Logan to the doctor today and he weighs 7lbs 12oz. He weighed 7lbs 3oz when we brought him home, so he is back past his birth weight and doing great! Dr. Rhodes said he looks really good and everything checked out good with him. Jason and I will be working on keeping Logan awake more during the day so we can hopefully get more sleep at night. Right now, Logan sleeps about 2 hours at a time at night-so we have all been sleeping in everyday. Jason and I LOVE spending time with him! He is just so cute and fun to watch. He makes lots of facial expressions and sounds. Grandma Sossi will be here on Saturday, and we are really looking forward to having her here. Her grandson can't wait to meet her! Enjoy the pictures of our little Logan.
I am finally getting to look at all of these sweet pictures. At first, I thought Logan looked just like you, but now I can definitely see a lot of Jason in him too. There is no mistaken that Logan belongs to y'all. All of these pics are great! I'm so happy that all of you are doing so well. Congratulations! Keep the pictures coming every week, because they change so fast. I know you are already the best mommy ever. Love ya girl!
ReplyDelete