Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Much Needed Update































I know it has been a while since I last updated this, and I have good reason-bed rest! I was able to start the school year off, but instead of working 3 weeks, I only got 3 days. My blood pressure is just too high when I go to the doctor. I went for my appointment on August 24th and the doctor was just going to send me to the lab for bloodwork, but decided to send me down to labor and delivery to be monitored, since she was going out of town that Wednesday. I spent about 2 hours down there and Lauren came and stayed with me because Jason was called to jury duty. Everything checked out fine-Logan sounded great, blood pressure was good and no problems with my blood. On Tuesday I had a sonogram to see how big our boy might be. The lady said that according to the sono, he weighed 7lbs 11oz! She also said he could gain between a half to one pound per week! She also said his head was so low that she couldn't get any measurements on it and his feet were both under my right ribs! So, my belly is definately ALL baby! Then, I had to go back to the doctor on Wednesday for an appointment I already had scheduled. My doctor was already out of town so I saw the nurse and my blood pressure was still high. I was then put on strict bed rest per my doctor's orders. But, the nurse also felt that she needed to call another doctor to see what to do, because my bottom number was 102. That doctor ordered more bloodwork and I was sent back to labor and delivery. This time I was not very happy and actually went down crying-all I wanted to do was go home! Lauren was going to dinner with a friend and Jason had been called to the trial so I just felt alone. Jason showed up after I'd been there for an hour and then it was another two before we got to go home. Again, everything checked out fine. So last Thursday (August 27th) began my bed rest. It was nice at first because I was able to sleep a lot and relax and all the swelling in my feet went away. Then, it got really boring! Lauren came over a few times and did a lot of cleaning around the house-Thank you! She and Jason also went to Babies R Us and bought all the last minute things that we needed-that I had planned to do in the three weeks I had left. The sadest part was that I didn't get to pick out the outfit that we are going to bring Logan home in-but the two of them did good and he is going to look really cute! My next appointment was this past Tuesday (September 1st). Same story as Thursday, I saw the nurse and the bp was still high-she called another doctor and I was back in labor and delivery for the THIRD time in a week! And again, everything was fine! Jason was with me from the beginning this time and he was able to go out and get some food at least, but I was still there for three hours. The funny thing is, each time they took blood from me, everything actually improved. So, that brings us to yesterday (September 4th). There was a slight chance that my doctor was going to send us down to have Logan, so I had to make sure everything was packed and ready to go. When I got to the doctor my bp was high-which was no shock to me! I was also monitoring it while I was at home and it was good. It's just something about going to the doctor that makes it high. When the doctor came in, she measured my belly and said I was 38cm which is 38 weeks-exactly what I am. The sonogram did move my due date to yesterday, but she said that his weight could be a pound off. So, he could be 6 11 or 8 11. But she thinks that by looking at my belly, that he really isn't all that big. She said there was no reason for him to come yesterday, but definately next week! Jason asked if we could have him on Wednesday so his birthday will be 09/09/09, but when she called down the last spot had just been filled! So, we are in the books for September 10th at 8am, unless he decides to come on his own or a spot opens up for Wednesday. Either way, Logan will be here by September 10th! I have one more appointment on Tuesday so the doctor can check me-I was 70% effaced but only 1 cm dilated. So, hopefully I make a little more progress by Tuesday because I'd really like for him to come on his own. And some more good news-I am not on strict bed rest! I can do things around the house and even go for walks. I told the doctor I couldn't handle lying in bed for one more week! I can't believe that I am only going to be pregnant for 5 more days and then we will have our baby with us! I am posting my 38 week belly and my toes-because I got a pedicure the other day to welcome Logan into the world! I am also posting a few of the maternity pictures we had done. I will update again on Tuesday after my appointment.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girlie,
    I'm just now seeing this wonderful blog post. I'm so sorry that I haven't gotten back in touch with you. Yay for 9/9/09! That's awesome! I love, love, love all your pics....so, so, so cute! I hope to see you tomorrow!
    Love ya,
    Ash

    ReplyDelete